- Strategic Programmes
- Prevention Practises and Treatment of Civilization Diseases – STRATEGMED
- Advanced Technologies for Energy Generation
- Interdisciplinary System for Interactve Scientific and Scientific Technical Information
- Integrated System for Reducing Energy Consumption in the Maintenance of Buildings
- Improving Work Safety in Mines
- Technologies Supporting Development of Safe Nuclear Power Engineering
- Programmes and Projects Defense, Security
- International Programmes
- European Funds
Strategic research and development programmes
Strategic research and development programs operate under big budgets, are closely related to the science and innovation policy adopted by the Polish government and contribute to the social development and economic growth of our country. The basis for their preparation is the National Program of Research, adopted by way of resolution of the Council of Ministers dated 16 August 2011, which defines strategic research and development directions. The Board of the National Centre for Research and Development prepares strategic programme projects according to the directions set forth in the aforementioned document and submits them for approval by the minister responsible for scientific affairs.
A strategic programme comprises projects targeted at specific technical, scientific or social issues. Beneficiaries are selected in so-called top-down competitions where applicants must fully meet the criteria defined in competition announcements. The implementation of this kind of programme contributes to consolidation of the best research teams and integration of scientific and business circles around problems crucial for the development of our country.
Currently, the Centre is implementing two strategic research and development programmes:
- Advanced Technologies for Energy Generation;
- Interdisciplinary System for Interactive Scientific and Scientific Technical Information;
and three strategic research projects:
- Integrated System for Reducing Energy Consumption in the Maintenance of Buildings,
- Work Safety Optimization in Mines;
- Safe Nuclear Power Engineering Development Technologies.
The Centre’s Board is developing a strategic research and development programme focused on „civilization diseases, new medicines and regenerative medicine”