- Prevention Practises and Treatment of Civilization Diseases – STRATEGMED
- Advanced Technologies for Energy Generation
- Interdisciplinary System for Interactve Scientific and Scientific Technical Information
- Integrated System for Reducing Energy Consumption in the Maintenance of Buildings
- Improving Work Safety in Mines
- Technologies Supporting Development of Safe Nuclear Power Engineering
The strategic programme entitled Interdisciplinary System for Interactive Scientific and Scientific Technical Information encompasses a research activity with the purpose of creating a universal, open and repository-like hosting platform which will provide access to web resources of knowledge to scientists, scholars and open knowledge society. This task has been carried out by a scientific network composed of 16 best research units specializing in this field, headed by the University of Warsaw’s Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modeling. Its implementation is scheduled for 36 months (from August 2010 to August 2013). The National Centre for Research and Development shall spend about PLN 60 MM on this activity.
The research activity is expected to bring about the following results:
- integrated IT system which enables knowledge acquisition from various dispersed and heterogeneous databases,
- multifunctional repository of raw data dedicated to safe, long-term storage and distribution of digital initial objects,
- universal, open, repository-like hosting and communication platform which enables the exploitation of individual application software and sharing of information and services available from the servers of hosting organisation.